Get the competitive advantage with a facilities management qualification from IWFM
Gain a recognised, accredited qualification to support your career and build your earning potential.
All facilities management qualifications from IWFM are designed to be flexible and meet your needs. Choose a level and depth to suit you and select optional units that meet your development needs.
Quick guide to IWFM Qualifications
Before you start your qualification, understand that our qualifications:
- are designed to give you relevant knowledge and skills
- are available at every career level from entry level (Level 2) to senior strategic levels (Level 7) – online study via IWFM Direct is available for Level 2, 3 and 4
- come in different sizes: Award, Certificate, Diploma and Extended Diploma – choose the size that suits your needs
- are built from a combination of mandatory and optional units, offering you flexibility and choice – you don’t need to start at the first level, you can start at the level that’s right for you
- can be customised by you and your organisation, to suit both individual and business needs
Most of the assessments you complete as part of your qualification are work‑based, so you can apply the theory to your day job, which also adds value to your business.
As well as online via IWFM Direct, you can study at an IWFM Recognised Centre. There are face-to-face, evening and distance learning options available.
Benefits of completing a qualification
By completing an IWFM qualification, you:
- enable career progression
- demonstrate commitment to professional development
- build capability in your teams
- improve your earning potential
- achieve a nationally and internationally-recognised qualification in FM
- improve confidence and enhance credibility in the workplace
- acquire knowledge and skills that are aligned to the Professional Standards
Please find answers to some frequently asked questions below.
How long does an IWFM qualification take?
You can complete your qualification in two years, or at a faster pace if you prefer.
How do they work with IWFM membership?
The qualifications are aligned with IWFM membership grades so you can enter at the appropriate member grade and gain extra recognition in the job market.
How flexible are they?
Whether you’re looking to better equip yourself for your current role, or are looking to progress to the next stage in your career, you can choose a qualification level, size and units to help you achieve your goals.
Choose the qualification level and size that suits you, your aspirations and available time, and select the optional units that match your development needs.
How and where to study
IWFM qualifications are delivered by a range of Recognised Centres as well as online via IWFM Direct, where you can study levels 2, 3 and 4.
For higher levels and to find a Recognised Centre near you, visit the iwfm.org.uk